Swimming Pool Companies

Pushkin

Can anyone in Department 17 recommend a company who installs swimming pools. I did a search but nothing specific to Dept 17 and I have consulted Pages Jaune but there are an awful lot of them! Would rather deal with a tried and tested company than take pot luck. Want someone who will do the lot, digging hole, installing and landscaping.
Grateful to anyone who can give advice.

Sue

We have an Everblue pool - http://www.everblue.fr - a global company and very good quality but I would agree that it is entirely down to the pool installers workmanship. Not in the same area as you so I can't help with a recommendation. What I would say though, is get it ordered well in advance. The pool companies don't normally build during the hot weather for obvious reasons and they are also fully occupied with maintenance during this period. We ordered in March and only just made it as the company's last installation before they stopped for the summer.

Doug

Delighted to say that the company who paid us a visit yesterday, called Socover and based in St Jean d'Angely, were very professional and I am happy they will do a good job. A definite plus is that the (solar heated) pool is being installed in July. I doubt if that would have been the case if it hadn't been for our very good French friend Michel who has 'contacts' in so many places! We rang the suggested companies and asked what the approx charge of a 10x5m pool with Roman steps was likely to be and were reassured that Socover was in line pricewise with them.
Thank you for your help anyway.

Sue

• 4 weeks later...
Back to your original request
We are in 17 and ordered our pool before christmas as for most pools you have to enter into a waiting list that very much depends on the weather. When you order the pool you have a provisional date and if the weather is bad then everyone is shunted back in time so you have to be fairly relaxed about it.

Decide what type of pool that you want then get some quotes but chose a company who are registered in France as you will get a very good professional service and hopefully a much better after service.

We could have chosen an English team to do the work and got it built much sooner but would not have had the same after service and protection in law as using a French team of professionals.

This is something to take into account.

Regards Tess