Aquasensor : installation + 7m rule

Folks

Can anyone help with either of the following please ??

1. Does anyone have access to an English language version of the Aquasensor installation instructions, or can anyone suggest where on the net I may be able to find a copy ? Ive got the French instructions which I guess (?) with which I could get by with a little help from my friends (i.e. my trusty dictionary) but obviously an English version would be easier (and probably more reliable !)

2. Secondly, is it still the case that for any pools of greater than 10m x 5m (in my case 11m x 5m) one still is required by AFNOR norms to have 2 alarms in order to ensure that the alarm sensor is no more than 7 metres from all points in the pool ? According to my rusty geometry, a mid point on one side of my pool is 7.4 metres from the far corners.

Im totally confused (not for the first time on this subject !!!) :

months ago I was told by the Aquasensor manufacturer that I would definitely require 2.

the next month my pool company said they werent sure, but would check. When I asked them again they said they thought I would need 2, but were waiting for written confirmation before ordering me a 2nd alarm. I heard nothing more (comme dhabitude !)

yesterday the pool company phone to say my (first) alarm was ready for collection. I asked about the position re 2nd alarm, the guy (different to the other guy) asked how big my pool was and he replied no you dont need a 2nd alarm

today Ive collected the alarm. In the instructions it states that the alarm sensor should be mounted so that all points of the pool are within 7 metres. On the box it states that the alarm detects falls into pools of 10m x 5m maximum, and that for larger pools it is RECOMMENDED that complementary security measures or alarms should be installed

on re checking my copy of the draft/projet AFNOR regles (I dont have copy of the final/revised regles) it clearly states that the alarm sensor MUST be within 7 metres of all points in the pool

Even allowing for my grotty French, in my mind theres a difference between a recommendation and a (legal) requirement !

Obviously I dont want to have to order and buy a 2nd alarm if I dont need to, but since my only reason for buying the alarm in the first place was to ensure I remained within the law (I have a brand new 4,000 six foot high fence around the pool that will keep out any 5 / 10/ 20 year old in the real world but I knew wouldnt be compliant in AFNOR world !), I also dont want to have spent money on just one alarm and find Im still not legal Id rather buy the 2nd to ensure legality !!

Any information would be gratefully received especially any info that can be referenced to an authoritative source !! But all help gratefully received !!

Many thanks

Jean-Paul

Good evening

I have done a search on Google just using the word "aquasensor" and at the top of the list cane this site - http://www.real-piscines-spas.com/poolsafety/alarms.html

Reading their information tends to suggest that you will need two sensors if your pool exceeds 10mx5m.

I hope that this is of some help to you.

David