Swimming pool diy

dandaz

Hi

It can`t be that hard to dig a hole and throw some concrete in and throw a few tiles round the edge and hook up a pipe,just looked at above swimming pool and there all a bit small...

I have drank about 2 ltr`s of well water so thats ok...I used to keep tropical fish[so I put a gold fish in once anyone can make a mistake] so maintaining the water quality should`nt be a problem...

So the only problem is what shape[not kidney] and what size.....

Mick...

• 1 month later...

Really not that difficult apart from the digging, provided you choose a pool kit which fits your skills. I didn't fancy building a concrete bunker in the garden so opted for a Christal Pools kit which, after some negotiation, was delivered to France for free. The pool itself was put in by my wife and I in the space of a week, once the hole had been dug, and it has performed extremely well over the last 4 seasons. All the details of its installation etc. along with pictures can be found on our renovation site at www.golimousin.net.

Good luck

Colin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Colin

I was interested in your post about installing a Crystal pool and took a look at your website. Can you tell me how long the pool has been installed now? Any problems with it? How does the liner cope with frost/weather extremes?

Many thanks

Linda

We are due to move from our rented house into our new home mid to late March (YIPPEE) and it has a pool already. I was pointed to a book about pools, which I have now bought. It is 'The Ultimate Pool Maintenance Manual' written by Terry Tamminen. It's a nice little pocket book, 9 1/4 X 7 1/4 X 2 inches, 692 pages (who's got big pockets ) and is a real mine of info. Everything from building (or should that be digging) your own pool to how to keep it healthy. Have a look on Amazon. They offer 2 books and the only one that tells you that it's the second edition is the downloadable version. The hardcopy is cheeper and is the second edition.

I knew nothing about pools, except that they are wet, and after reading over half of this book (it is readable) I now feel that the myth of pool keeping is a little further away and I can, with reference to the book, keep our new pool in good condition . He even tells you what to do with a tennis ball .