Verte eau

Margie

The water in my hors sol pool keeps turning green.

I have tried anti-algies treatment to no avail.

I used a product called 'Mimi Swim' which did the trick for about 10 days before it went green again. At 19 euros a time I cannot afford to use this product all the time. Does anybody know where I might be going wrong or what I should do to stop the problem.

This is naturally a common problem, that is nearly everyone who has a pool which get one eventually.

The green colour comes from algae which is already present in the water beginning to flourish because of favourable conditions: warm temperature and high nutrients.

The only way to remedy it is with a sanitiser which kills the algae. So begin with Chlorine 'Choc', this is same weather you have a salt or granular chlorinated pool. For a 10 x 5 mete pool use about a kg in your skimmer box for a bad infestation. Naturally you have to run your pump all day with the auto vac doing its thing to clear up the bottom and the walls.

Back wash at the end of the day.

Check the chlorine levels. If you getting green pool and still reading chlorine on the test then you are overdosed with cyanuric acid (stabiliser). It is cased by the commercial chorines which have stabiliser attached building up and building up until all of your Chlorine is 'locked' and none is active. In this case the only thing you can do dump as much water as you can replace to dilute the concentration. Once the concentration is down then your chlorine can begin to kill e-coli and algae.

If your fed up with doing this all the time then you need an automated system  which will control it all for you.

Let me know if I can help further, if you need specific analysis then send me a PM.

Bon chance

Andrew