great idea to save fines?????

chirpy

If you have an in groud pool and you dug a trench around it could you then classify it as an above ground  pool and save all this stupid palaver about fences,alarms and covers???

what is the height of an above groud pool have to be to negate these cuurent in ground pool laws.????

interesting thought ?????

yes or no.?

save loads of headache 's

and money.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now how do the pool salesmen get out of that idea????????????????????????????

Interesting thought.  I guess the trench would have to be fairly wide and the inner wall would have to be narrow enough so that people could not walk around the edge of the pool.  The weight of the water would then burst the sides of your pool as they will no longer be supported by the earth so you would end up with a moat rather than a pool surrounded by a trench.  Best stick to the fence, alarm and cover!

pool is made of concrete sections and placed at site in 5 sections---so if wide enough dry moat no problems as water weight will hold pool in place as 60oookilos weight on top of concrete.

15 all over to you .!!

The pre-made pool is a re-inforced  cement structure with steel rebars (piscine ambiance manufacture off site)

10x4.5 metre pool .supplied as 2 sides /part bottom i.e.a -L  shape 1 deep end piece like half a box and a roman end including step. The bottom was a pre-forrmed slab and it was supplied and assembled on my site as a simple jigsaw.with very little filling i between joints.then vinyl liner and surrounding tiles layed and terrace.

SURELY A SMALL TRENCH AROUND THE POOL OR MAYBE 1-2 METRES FROM THE PERIMETER  COULD GIVE THE POOL ABOVE GROUND STATUS-SO THE QUESTION REMAINS WHAT IS THE MINIMUM HEIGHT AN ABOVE GROUND LEVEL POOL CIRCUMVENTS THESE SILLY LAWS WHICH TAKES THE ONUS OF CHILD SAFETY AWAY FROM THE PARENTS ONTO THE  POOL OWNER.

IN MY OPINION THERE IS TODAY TOO MUCH DONE FOR THE PARENTS WHO HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO THEIR CHILDREN -AGAIN ANOTHER DIFFERENT ARGUMENT--PERHAPS IF WE FINED THE PARENTS WHO ALLOW THEIR CHILDREN TO WANDER WITHOUT THEM THEN THE POOL LAWS WOULD BE UNNECESSARY-I FEEL WE ARE GIVING POOL OWNERS A PROBLEM TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO PROTECT SOMEONE'S ELSE CHARGES.30-30

P.S. I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE WHO HAS LOST A CHILD  BUT AS A PARENT I DO ALSO SEE A LOT OF CHILDREN NOT BEING WATCHED BY THEIR PARENTS-.

Why am I being drawn into this........OK, so I have constructed my 'trench' (or possibly soon to be a moat) so how do I get to my pool? Perhaps I could absail down the sides of the trench, or provide ladders (oh no, that would be against the regulations). Well alright, I will provide a drawbridge properly constructed,oh but then I need a compliant gate etc, etc, etc. Enough said.

I had a pool in England for many years, I had it fenced off, and when my son had friends round to play, I sat in the  garden the whole time, you just could not take a chance, I think most pool owners are responsible, you do not take it lightly, I would like to see more information about the statistics surrounding pool drownings.Are they mostly in holiday accomodation, or are there a lot of non vigilant pool owners.I think it is sensible to have the security cover or fencing if other people have easy access to you garden.I have a grandchild on the way and I will not be taking my eyes off him or her for a minute when they  stay with us in France.It will be interesting to see if these new pool regs lower the drowning statistics, I have my doubts.

IT'S EASY

WALK BACKWARDS 14 STEPS

THEN ROCK BACK AND FORWARDS

THEN RAISE YOUR ARMS ABOVE YOUR HEAD

AND CLAP

TAKE A DEEP BREATH

THEN RUN

TAKE A HOP

A SKIP

AND A JUMP

INTO THE POOL .

P.S.

POLE VAULTING WITH YOUR POOL NET IS NOT ALLOWED

An alternative approach is to construct something resembling a small ski jump leading to the trench.  Roller skates or skateboard  underfoot, launch yourself from the top of the slope and across the trench into the centre of the pool.  NB A safety net is recommended on the opposite side in case of overshooting.

I most sensibl reason for having security measures in place was written a litl hile back by someone else on this forum. It went something like:

S*d th kids it's the animals that I worry about

• 2 weeks later...