Ground works for pool

Candc

We have ordered an above the ground pool kit and need to find a contractor to level and compact the site . We have tried some local artisans , but the job is either too small for them or they are booked up .......... up to a years wait ! We live close to St Savinien . Has any one any suggestions to help get round this ?

Thanks C & C

I just went to our Marie and asked for a list of local JCB owners. I phoned one who came round and priced the job at 150 euros for a 7 metre circle .5 metre deep at the high end (our ground is on a slope).

This was after nearly killing myself trying to dig it out by hand.

I then positioned levelling posts at strategic positions and laid a weak sand/cement mix base.

A little tip. Make the base slightly larger than you think you need.

Hi C&C,

We did pretty much the same, the local farmer supplied a digger driver for us who also collected and poured all the sand for the base (didn't use mortar). We thought we'd need a compactor for the sand but it worked out extremely well without, backbreaking couple of weeks though! Our pool is near enough 10m x 5m and we're on a slope too so half buried and we've surrounded it with a deck, looks fab![:D]

Kathy