PH

I am having considerable difficulty raising the PH level of my pool above "low" (6.6, measured with strips). Other measurements are correct.

Pool is in ground, treated with chlorine (chemicals, not automatic). Mains water comes from limestone.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Also at the very least test your chlor with DPD1 tablets. You can get a test kit from a reasonable pool 'shop' with DPD1 and Phenol red tablets and your little coloured 10ml colour test phile? Failing that if you really want to know what you are swimming in then get in touch with that Aussie bloke, what's his handle, oh yes Poolguy (Andrew) and he can supply a Cool Pool Tester and it is a 'photometric' tester that gives you points of ppm (parts per million) for your chlor and PH. It took the guess work out for me. And NO I don't get a percentage from him, BUT I AM WORKING ON IT!

The photometric test gives you the active chlor and the actual PH readings which is what you are really interested in. A bit more expensive, but what do you want for nothing, your money back peut etra?