Best Method of Testing

UlsterRugby1999

Hi - I have been testing my pool with various testing strips and drops and tablets and even a cheap (ish) electronic tester. Today I have had readings from 1.0 - 5.0 re chlorine and Ph from 6.4 (ish) to 7.8 (ish).

What is the morst reliable, consistent and accurate tester I can use. I had thought that an electronic device might have been more accurate.

Any ideas or views out there.

Cheers - Paul

I use a CoolPool Tester. They are about £70 incl P&P for a tester and tablets you use. Put in Coolpool Tester on the internet or go to palintest.com/products/cool+pooltester.

You can go direct to the supplier or poolguy (who recommends them I think) supplies them too.

Rgds

Yes Simon I do

Thanks for that.

I also suggest the Scuba+ which will give more dimensions to your testing and even easier than the Cool Pool Tester.

Scuba will test:  Total Chlorine, free chlorine, cyanuric acid, total Alkalynity, pH, Bromine.

Nice little unit.

I am not surprised that the other manual colour comparitors are giving you trouble, they always do and they are not very accurate compered to the electronic versions.

Let me know if I can help.

Andrew

I have had a Cool Pool Tester and it was very good, but now I have a Scuba+. Much easier to use as Andrew said and it measures much more.

When I had to check the total alkinality with the 'how mant tablets does it take to change the water to red' method you can get to within 20 ppm, but with the Scuba+ you do the test the same way as you do the PH, chlor or cyanuris acid test with the Cool PT and it tells you the actual ppm! You don't have t worry about getting it wet either because you dip it into the pool to fill it. Good idea to use the lanyard though if you are a bit of a butter fingers [:-))]...

I gave up on liquid drop type reagents ages ago, never had anything to do with tablets and colour charts either and now I really know what my pool water is doing. Not always nice either after rain, but at least you can do something to put it right instead of a boat load of guessing!!!