liner problem

Gemonimo

I have just returned from a few days away and find that my pool liner has 'slipped' and seems to have 'pleats' in it.  Not only that but the base looks a bit like the surface of Mars - shallow indentations and raised bits.  It is four years old and I was told the liner should last at least ten years.  I have taken care of the Ph, chlorine etc and can't think what has happened.  The land around the pool hasn't moved or cracked.  Are you out there Poolguy?  I'm in need of a few comforting words.

thanks for your encouragement londoneye. I have been in touch with the installers but they keep putting off coming out to take a look see. My next step is a recorded delivery letter. I did get a second opinion from a reputable pool company and they seem to think it is a problem of 'mal façon' so it's hardly surprising the installers aren't coming out.... I fear the battle has just begun....!

I posted a similar thing not so long ago. The problem was that water had got in behind the liner, causing the creases we had. We still have one left, and was old "it wasn't a problem" although the still haven't sorted it. Apparently the liner can be changed in a day, and we don't actually need to change it, but drop the level and have the foam pulled back up and the liner pulled tight over the top again. Also we were told th problem was partially created by lowering the level. I fe we hadn't, water pressure inside would have prevented the bulge!

• 7 months later...

My faith in pool constructors has been restored.  After the original problem I had with my liner slipping and then developing celulite (the liner, not me - I already have it[:-))] I will shortly be the proud owner of a re-built pool and new liner!!!!! Yioupeee! It goes to prove that there are some decent guys out there.  So all of you with pool nightmares, take heart.