Pool Installers in Dordogne

martyng

Mathieu Piscines, Between Mareuil and Vieux Mareuil on the D939, midway between Perigueux and Angouleme. They have a nice showroom with several pools and SPA's to look at - Dejoyuaux pools are good - installs can vary, depending on the team doing it. Pumps expensive to replace should they go wrong though.

Steve

Yes we had to replace our pump after 6 years regular, almost daily, use at a cost of 532 euros all included. No fitting charge as I replaced it myself. Bearings went on the old one. We run ours in winter during periods when it could freeze. We could drain down for winter to prolong the pump bearing life but saves all that muck accumulating. I don't know how this compares with other pump costs............................................JR

there are 3 pumps - one around 500 something, the second 650 ish and the 3rd 1200 ish - thats the one with the contra current swimming thingy. Bearing fairly cheap to replace - full recon of motor (rewind, bearings etc) should be around 150/200€. Pumps for your standard run of the mill sand type filter start at 100€ (above ground type) to over 1000€. A really good pump (Hayward) for a 12x6 pool is around 400€.

I think the problem with Desj. pumps is that they are unique to Desj. so they charge a premium - who can blame them? I quite like the system, easy to look after etc.

Winterisation is a sinch - take motor out, drop the level a few inches, add winter chemical and cover - open in the spring!

Steve

Don't just consider pool shops.  Our pool was built by a very good, reputable building firm with the technical pool bits sub-contracted.  It was done at the same time as a new fosse toutes-eau installation and a lot of other ground work. Couldn't be happer with the result. They are probably too far for Lalinde (unless it's the La Linde hamlet in our commune).

Difficult to get hold of Desjoyaux in Dordogne at the moment, I heard an ugly rumor that the Owner of the Bergerac and Perigueux Concessions has 'done a runner' with the deposits..

I guess the Company will go into liquidation. Lots of people out of pocket and no finished pool. This sort of thing doesn't do any good for the industry.

Not sure what to say about it, but 'be very careful '-I guess.

Andrew