Not enough Zeolite ??

Oh dear - sometimes I don't think I should be allowed out !!!

Last year we had problems with pump and filter on our above-ground pool.  Decided on which replacement pump/filter combo to go for, and then because Zeolite was on special offer, I ordered enough - 75kg (from LF's lovely PoolGuy) - for the new filter combo I intended to buy.

Then the £/Euro rate dropped like a stone and I put off buying new pump/filter in the hope the rate would improve.

It didn't, but as I can't face another summer with the existing pathetic set-up, I ordered new combo set and damn the expense !!!

New set arrived yesterday - and I now have problems.

The tech spec on the webpages of supplier specified 80 kg for the combo.  The set was delivered yesterday, and looking at the instructions on the side of the filter it refers to 100 kg of sand - NOT the 80kg specified on the website's technical details.   AAAAAgggghhhhh  !!!!

So - problem.  If this set-up needs 100 kg sand - can I pour into the filter just 25 kg of sand to start with, and then top-up with the 75kg of Zeolite ?   Or do I have to get hold of another 25 kg of Zeolite ?  Or can I get away with using just the 75kg Zeolite I already have ?

Help anyone - please.

Regards - Chessie

Phew  !! That's a big relief.    So I don't need to worry - and although 60% of 100kg is 60kg, Chrish is suggesting I just chuck all the 75kg into the filter and that should sort it....

Thanks so much Clair and Chrish for your advice.   Now I just need to work out how to connect new combo to existing flexi piping - should be fun !!

Thanks for your help - Chessie