Re-opening salt water pool after winter

CLAN

I am preparing to open my salt water pool for the season, the first time I have done so myself. I would appreciate any info on amounts of chlor shock, salt, etc to use.

The pool is a normal size 10 x 5 and has been closed since October

This is our third season with a salt water pool (inherited with the house). As a rough guide, this year we had the liner renewed in our 11 x 5 metre pool, and filled from scratch. We needed to put 18 sacks of salt tablets in. Last year, after winterising and topping up the water level again, we put 10 sacks in. In each case we just chucked a few handfuls of chlor choc in first (yes, I know that's not the way to do it!), and all appeared to be well. Don't turn on your salt chlorination device until all the tablets have dissolved...

Chris

[quote user="CLAN"]My chlor shock is in granules not tablets. Do I just put the advised dosage in the skimmers and wait for it to dissolve before turning on the pump.[/quote]

NEVER put granules directly in any part of the pool.  Put the required dosage in a bucket, add water and sitr until fully dissolved, then add the solution in front of your jets.