Pool Alarm Question

Simon

We have a Summer/Winter safety cover that we use when we are not at our House for several days or weeks.  In addition we have an alarm (the pressure type) which we use when the house is occupied either by ourselves or guests.  We cannot put the cover on with the Pool Alarm in place as the cover supporting rods would damage the Alarm when it is put on or removed.

Therefore because we want the flexibility to put the cover on easily we have not screwed the alarm to the margelles so we can easily place it there or remove it when we use the pool cover. 

Our house managers do not seem to be happy with this arrangement and want it screwed to the margelles - and left there throughout the season - even when there are weeks where no one will be there (and without the pool cover).  They are stating that the Law states the alarm must be fixed to the margelles.

My view is that having the easily removeable pool alarm, so that we can put the cover on when the house is empty is infinitely safer than a pool alarm - as there is then a physical barrier.  In addition I beleive the Law requires an alarm to be fitted - so the key point is what does "fitted" mean?  Is it OK for the alarm to be placed on the Margelles without screwing it to them?

Your thoughts fellow Francophiles!

I agree with your house managers;

To comply with the Norm AFNOR the alarm must be screwed to the margelles with teh screws and plastic plugs supplied. Failure to do so renders that alarm a pice of decoration rather than a conforming security devise.

I suggest that a floating security cover is a better investment as it does both jobs (and more besides) and is more convenient and effective than either of the above options. Failing that a fence.

Andrew