SOME POSITIVE NEWS

My wife received her new Carte Vitale in the post this afternoon.

Apparently she was listed under my card for the last two years. She was the first person to get a Carte Vitale in our area with her photograph on it. When she brought in the application form all of the staff gathered around and gave various opinions as to how it was to be completed. The first set of papers was rejected and when she brought back the said documents with the additional documents requested, she was told that should not be necessary. the documents were re-submitted, and hey presto the card has arrived.

It may of course mean nothing and at the end of September, perhaps we will get letters asking for the cards back. Hopefully it is a good sign of things to come.

Just in case, we have obtained a good quote for health insurance and I have sourced alternative prescrptions on the internet at 1/6 the price of what is paid at the local pharmacy..

By the way the card goes up to 31.08.2008.

ams

Are you still using an "E" form, or are you already one of those who are contributing your 8%? I ask as it seems to be those of use who have yet to come to the end of our E106 period who might be most at risk of our healthcare ending.  Thanks, Hester.

[quote user="ams"]

Just in case, we have obtained a good quote for health insurance and I have sourced alternative prescrptions on the internet at 1/6 the price of what is paid at the local pharmacy..

ams

[/quote]

I think you need to take care with drugs sold on the net.   Some of them are not genuine and may not contain what you need.