Finally, this morning, my attestation arrived from Clermont-Ferrand (63).

It is effective from 14th April, so I guess I shall have to bear the Private Insurance premium for the period since our E106 forms expired.

There will be a loss to us of about 300€ for medical expenses incurred in the intervening period, part of which relates to excluded conditions and the remainder, relating to a newly discovered skin cancer, falls within the policy excess.

Still - all's well that ends well, eh?

Thanks to everyone instrumental in straightening this out.

I did not get mine until late March but it was back dated to Jan when the E106 ran out .We have sent off the brown forms for doctors visits in the period Jan to March and are awaiting payments.

Did you get brown forms for your medical expenses ?

Was yours an E106 that expired in Jan this year ?

It may be worth pursuing why yours has not been back dated .

Thanks, Krusty. I certainly have all the Feuilles de Soins issued since the previous E106-based atestation expired and am considering whether to query the commencement date of the new one. I received a letter from URSSAF yesterday quoting my date of affiliation as 1st April and, when the first bill comes (which I imagine will be quite soon) I shall do the sums to gauge the effect of having it backdated - i.e. the cost of the quarter's cotisations vs the amount recoverable.

We have to consider also that the system seems to work in quarters, so maybe the affiliation goes back to the beginning ofd the current quarter. Having said that, my application was made in March ...

Keith