I apologise if these questions have been asked before.

To calculate how much you pay for the Cotisation de la

Couverture Maladie Universelle de base, is the Revenue Inferieurs allowance of

8774 Euro based per person or per Tax Declaration?

Is there the same exemption in the calculation, for tax paid

in the UK on Local Government Pensions?

Can the payments to URSSAF be made other than annually?

Regards Joshua

Firstly you submit a tax return showing your worldwide income, generally in April/May every year.

In August every year you receive your Avis dímpots on which will show your Renenu Fiscal de Reference.

The RFR is the amount of taxable income you have ,even if you have a Govt pension taxed in the UK/

From this RFR you deduct the amount of money over which you pay This year I thinkl the figure is around 8700 euros.

You pay 8% on the difference between your RFR and your allowance.

You pay every three months to URSSAF

Hi,

Thanks for the information; it’s been a real help.

One of the reasons I raised this question was that they had

used my gross worldwide income from my tax return to calculate my 8%

contributions

Unless my translation of the footnote is wrong, I have 2 months

to challenge the calculation

I feel a headache coming on ! Where is that dam French Dictionary !

Joshua

• 3 weeks later...
[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

To be precise, the contribution level is 8% of household taxable income after allowances above the threshold of 8644€.

Taxable income is your revenu fiscal de reference as previously explained by BaF......[;-)][/quote]

Hi,

Is there a link to a french web page other than www.ameli.fr which explicitly states this that I can quote later on this year?  I had a battle with our local CMU a few years ago, which I lost, when they said they took into account ALL income, including revenu from our (french) income tax exempt savings accounts. Since then we've been with RSI due to working, but this year we'll be rejoining CMU/CPAM.

Another query, whilst I'm here.....I've heard that if you are a landlord under micro bic regime, & declare gross rental, you are exempt from paying health cover cotisations as you are fulfilling a social need.  Friends of ours received a letter from URSSAF:/CMU stating they were exempt from paying, last years, despite an income well above the threshold, and heard that this was because they rent out a house.  Unfortunately, this letter didn't give a reason, so I can't quote it back to CPAM when the time comes.