E106 and Carte Vitale

Me0wp00

Hi All,
am at wits end and very frustrated by my lack of french.
Have been to the local CPAM office with my E106, CDS receipt, RIB, birth certificates etc etc
I was told to phone the international department of CPAM for my area which is Nice.
I phoned up with my limited french and was told that its not possible for Carte Vitales for E106 people but would be soon.
And if I had a french wage slip I could get it immediately, as we're not being paid in france this isn't possible.
I couldn't get across to them that I wanted to know how to go about getting health care costs refunded and did I need to obtain a social security number or something.
They told me to go back to my local office with receipts, E106 and a rib.
What I dont understand is how can I do that without a social security number for the office to enable them to find my details and such like ??? and to know to ask UK to pay
Any assistance on what to do, I thought I would have to send my e106 and details off to someone or give it to the cpam office which is what Ive read your supposed to do and then be sent a number of something.
Any help greatfully received.

We went to cpam office in Angouleme with E106,passport,photocopy birth certificates,woman asked if we were working in France,no retired no problem took e106 from us,one month later have refund for medical costs incurred and await letter with our reference number if needed in future.Possibly you are working?I believe it is different if working.