Children's toothpaste

Abrivado

Here's an odd one - why are all the children's toothpastes bubble-gum flavoured? Minty toothpaste is one of the few things we get sent over from the UK, for these lovely new teeth that are coming through, because he cannot stand bubblegum (and I can't say I blame him).

I regularly scan the shelves in LeClerc, Intermarch, Gant, Carrefour. Only bubblegum for the bubbleyoung.

C'est une autre culture

LAST EDITED ON 25-Oct-02 AT 11:06 AM (GMT)

You have me frowning here, as a family we always used the same brand of toothpaste,lots of 'kiddy' things, I believe to be money making gimmicks and that is all. Yes I had noticed all bubble gum etc flavours, there used to be others too I'm fairly sure. My kids went to the dentist twice yearly from being toddlers and the truth is that my dentist thinks tooth pastes are rather a waste of time, he uses bicarb on his own teeth.....he is a great dentist but I don't fancy bicarb and neither did the kids. Also my dentist reckoned that it was good brushing rather than the paste that makes the difference and showed my sons how to brush.

We have recently started using Colgate Herbal, my son brought it in, yes I like minty too, but he insisted that it was really good and I am really taken with it. Maybe it is just ringing in the changes, but I really like it.

And if you really want toothpaste for kids, have you tried your local pharmacie sometimes they stock things that you don't see en grand surface. They do tend to be very expensive though.