Glasses

Triciab

I can remember many years ago, hearing of people saying that it was much cheaper to have prescription glasses processed in a Hyper market in France than in England, is this still the case.

Do i get new glasses in England or in France?

Triciab

Two questions for you here.....

Firstly how many years ago?

Secondly where?

We've been here 22 years and when we first came glasses weren't cheap and there was nothing in any supermarket.

Carrefour have their own 'specs' shops now, but that is quite recent really and frankly they aren't always the cheapest or have the best selection.

I've never ever seen any inshop glasses for sale except for sunglasses and those magnifying ones for reading print. In the shops in the same commercial centre, yes, but notactually in the big hypermarkets. Actually you will find that using a small out of town dispensing opticien, it will be a lot cheaper. I certainly do as we all wear glasses and contact lenses and have saved a fortune locally and supported a business which is very handy when we break something and they repair it for nothing because of our fidelity.

I have just got my 2 year call-up and as my special prescription comes to over 450 with the spare pair and the type of frames I need I dread this.

I gather it is illegal to drive in Spain without a spare pair in the car if you wear specs all the time. I am blind without mine so always need a second pair - I go to Vision Express - whose owner I gather is French.

Before anyone suggests it, I am too allergic to wear contact lenses.

Di

http://www.iceni-it.co.uk

I fell over in the deep furrows my husband had dug for the potatoes last week, and sat on my specs. They only cost me 3 euros in a branch of Bricomarche! in Lezignan just before Christmas. I only wear them for reading and keeping my long hair back. No idea why they were being sold in a DIY shop but where can I get another pair now please Where are the cheap reading glasses sold?