French E111

Ggglimpopo

I need an E111 to cover my daughter on a school trip. Do I have to go to the CPAM or can I find one elsewhere? I seem to remember in the UK that they were available from the Post Office, but when I asked at the village Post Office, here in France, I drew a blank.

Nola

Yes the CPAM, phone them and they just send them out. And they last for a year these days, which is pretty good. I get one every year for all of us and say that we are doing a tour of all european countries, that way, we can plan where we want to go without having to mess around getting another one, although maybe they automatically cover everywhere these days.

In the old days they would just cover a specific time period and I'm fairly sure that only the countries one would be visiting was indicated too. *

And the forms they send out state clearly, well the last one we recieved did....that they are not required for the GB and NI.

Although prexisting conditions require a different E form and are required for GB and NI as I suspect for other euro countries too.