confused about the health care

Doc

have lived on & off in france for two years now and have got by on health insurance at 90 day duration & and E111 BUT !! we are now living here longer at a time and am aware i should be more responsible as i am a diabetic on insulin (in good health thankfully )we are retired (aged hubby 60yrs ) me 57yrs i know we could claim on my hubbys e106 but would prefer not to (for personal reasons) any other diabetics out there ? any advice would be helpful thanks ellen

Ellen,

Your E111 will not cover you forever with a problem such as diabetes.

A "normal" E106 would only have given you 2 years cover anyway.

You really do need to be more responsible as you say. I hate to tell you this but we have recently lost a dear friend who simply refused to register himself in France, both with residency and healthwise, preferring instead to go back to the UK every so often and be monitored with his diabetes treatment in the UK. Silly man also treated his car to an MOT at the same time.

Please get yourself registered here in France, it will save you all the problems of having to go back to get yourself diabetic care.

Go down to the CPAM office and start the registration ASAP. This is not being said from a "get yerself legal" angle but from seeing just how stupid our friend was and, who many of us feel would still be alive today, had he been treated here and had not kept saying "I will wait until I get back to the UK in a few months etc"

One time he never got back...............

Start tomorrow.

Miki