Vaccines in France

Frederic

Our first child was born in England whilst the second will arrive next month in France. In England vaccines are not compulsory but is this true in France?

I believe that the previous obligatoire vaccine for Tuberculosis (BCG)is nolonger obligatoire (as of the end of last year).

Please note that this is not a debate on vaccines, just what are my rights as the parent of a new child born in France.

Well you have surprised me about the BCG in France, which may be true, only there is an increase in cases of TB in France, so I would have thought that they would have kept something that was already in place.

Re the vaccinations, well, it was always multiple and I believe obligitory for most of them. I remember it worrying me when we had our sons innoculated, however, it worried me more that if we didn't and they caught something. The choice was removed for us living here anyway and we had to have them done.

I don't know of anyone who has ever had other than multiple jabs and don't know where the idea of individual jabs 'on the continent' come from......not my bit of France, that is for sure.