health cover when husband retired but family younger

Jks

My family and I already have a home in France and are planning to move out permanently next year. I understand that when my husband takes early retirement with a teachers pension in October next year (he will be 55) that he will be covered for two years health insurance but after that will have to make his own arrangements. Does anyone know whether this two year cover will apply to me (35) and our daughter (7)or would we be wise to take separate insurance from him? Any advice on this would be great as would advice (health, finance or otherwise) from others with a similar age-gap relationship. Many thanks

[quote]My family and I already have a home in France and are planning to move out permanently next year. I understand that when my husband takes early retirement with a teachers pension in October next year ...[/quote]

Do you know for certain that you will be covered for 2 years on the E106.  My wife and I were only covered for 15 months for some reason when we moved here.  Its my understanding that the E106 covers you for up to 2 years.

As I understand it (although there are more informed than me) you need to obtain a top-up insurance straight away to back up your E106 and then register with the state system and then once the E106 expires you pay in to the French system until one of you reaches the UK retirement age at which time you get an E121 and then the rest of the family become dependants of the retired one after getting E107s.

Weedon(53)

We are in a very (!), similar situation to you and we were all  covered on on my husbands E106 for two years, we have also taken out top up insurance and wil be paying for the basic cover from next year. Drop me a PM if you want any more detail.

PS Penny29 recently posted an excellent post on obtaining E106 cover, she is very knowledgeable on this subject - do a search and you should find it.