Still wating for E forms - your experience / advice pls

Franglais24

Hi,

I will soon need to see a French GP but I'm still waiting for an E form (106, whichever) to come through from the UK. On the phone, the DWP at Newcastle told me to go to CPAM, to register, once I'd received the appropriate E form. But, as I do not yet have a form, I feel in limbo.

What are your experiences and suggestions in this situation? Should I go to CPAM sharpish with other documentation, or simply pay for the GP's consultation, medication etc and then hope to be able to claim a %age back from CPAM?

Fingers crossed there's no emergency requiring expensive treatment in the meantime!

Thanks all,

F24.

If you need to go to the doctor you can and just pay his fee of €20. However, I wouldn't hold my breath for getting anything out of CPAM retrospectively. Others on the forum who've been in your position may be able to advise you better. In the meantime try asking CPAM - I've found them helpful here in 16.

Graham

[quote]If you need to go to the doctor you can and just pay his fee of €20. However, I wouldn't hold my breath for getting anything out of CPAM retrospectively. Others on the forum who've been in your positi...[/quote]

Yes hold your breath;

Was in exactly this position 2 years ago waiting for E106 needed urgent operation had operation paid up then when E106 arrived went to CPAM with E106 and all the receipts CPAM refunded us in 7 days  

In a way it might be good news. I say this because some have said the longer you wait the more certain it is that you will get one. I can confirm personally that if you are going to be refused they tell you over the phone and you get your letter of refusal quite quickly, around 10 to 14 days.

Even if you don't get a E106 don't panic, we didn't get one and they still took us in to the system with the exception that we did not get maternatity cover. Being I have had 'the snip' we were not too worried about this.