Help! please.....pregnant

grahamh

We are moving to France in July.  My wife (French) is pregnant, due in October.

Does anyone have any experience of this scenario?

Should we obtain an E106 pronto, or is pregnancy outwith the usual procedures?

Thanks in advance for any assistance......

I know nothing about E forms, but your wife will need to register with a doctor asap upon your arrival. The law changed recently...

Having babies in France is preferable to England, in my opinion (though I realise this may not be much help!) After two in England and one here, I'll stay In France. Not that I am planning on any more kids.

From friends' experience you have to reserve your bed at the hospital really early. July for October could be too late, (in which case she would have to find a clinic which is often more expensive). Here in Lyon to get into the Croix Rousse which is a really good hospital, apparently you have to book from about 6 months before

Hi

I gave birth here in France 7 months ago, god time flies.

I was on an E106 Carte Vitale and everything happened just like it would for any french person, I didn't even have to add my son onto the E106 once he was born, France did it all for me once they had received the paperwork and birth certificate. If your wife is french hasn't she got health care in her own right already ??? I'd suggest finding a gynae and booking in with a hospital as soon as possible to make sure all the paperwork is completed, I know you have to send a form off to CPAM and CAF at 12-14 weeks to prove you are pregnant and then for the free consultations every month and then the free medical care to kick in at 6 months.

good luck !

Pippa

Battypuss

He's still a little angel, well not so little, last weigh in 2 months ago was 9 kilos I think he'll easily be 10 by now if not more, find out a week monday.

7 months old last sunday, time flies

He's got 2 teeth (at 5 months) and is busy cutting some more. Very happy and smily most of the time and loves being the centre of attention.

The gallery is being updated but in 30 mins will be back up if you go to

http://www.pipandphil.com/gallery/

and then click on family and Jacques you can see his new piccies if you want.

Take care

Pippa

Graham, I was in a similar position to your wife, except in my case it's my OH who's French. I arrived here at 6.5 months pregnant, and was told when I tried to book a gyne that it was August (for Heaven's sake!) and they were all on holidays! I had just been in a car accident (2 weeks after arriving here) so I told them it was an emergency and they gave me an appointment. They were shocked that I didn't have previous records with me (doctor in Ireland had told me not to bother getting hospital records of previous 2 babies as the had been normal births) and no printout from scan at 4 months. But I went straight into the system (OH was registered so I went under his Carte Vitale) - the doctor did have to sign a letter to send to CPAM (?) to say he was taking me on (normally done earlier in pregnancy as in earlier post) and late due to "administrative" reasons!

I had no problems (except the shock at their VERY thorough examinations Experience was basically the same as in Dublin, except accommodation was far superior (wouldn't be hard) and midwives were very condescending But I have a beautiful baby boy, 5.5 months and growing, ahhhhh!!