I have an E109 - Carte Vitale next?

Vienne_Billygoats

Hi,  I have just received an E109 for my wife & I.  It does not mention our 5 & 3 yaer old children - but I suppose this is normal - yes?

What exactly do I need to do next to get a Carte Vitale in the most efficient manner?, and then some sort of mutuelle top-up?

I would be pleased to learn the best routes, such that I can start that process on Friday.

Many thanks for (hopefully) contributing...

Mark b

Hi Mark

We went straight to the local CPAM office with the relevent forms.  Taking any proof of ID, like passport and birth certificates (we forgot ours but they said not to worry).  They took it from there, carte vitals in the post, not too long afterwards.  Hang on to any claim forms you may have until you get your card for any refunds on health care.  The larger offices normally have a section for etrangers like us.

Mutuelle, there are loads to choose from, CPAM do their own top up insurance, at least in this region, may be worth asking them while you are there, prices are comparable, even a little cheaper than some others.

A

• 2 months later...

Hi

I know you posted this a few months ago but as you rarely see mention of E109s I thought I would ask. Did you get Carte Vitales? We are here on an E109 and were told we could not get carte vitales, just an attestation saying we were covered. This mentioned all of us, including our children.  How long is your E109 valid and can you get it renewed?

Thanks
Melanie