HEALTH COVER

liam

PREGNANCY QUESTION?Smile [:)]

]IF YOU APPLY FOR A CARD VITALE IN FRANCE DO YOU HAVE TO BE TAX RESIDENT HERE OR HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ,OR IS IT THE CASE THAT YOU SHOULD RECIEVE THE SAME HEALTH CARE HERE AS IN YOUR OWN E.U STATE? CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ON THIS?AS WE ARE EXPECTING A CHILD SOON AND WE ARE NOT SURE OF OUR HEALTH CARE ENTITLEMENTS IN FRANCE.

Are you living in France?

Have you been in France less than 2 years and  have reciprocal cover from Newcastle?

Or are you working and paying into the French system?

Do you have or need ' top up' cover?

Can you give us a bit more to go on?  [:)]

Oh and Hi btw [:)]

I am also in a similar situation with respect to pregnancy as I will move to Bordeaux this September 20wks pregnant. 

I will be working for a UK employer i.e. paying tax and national insurance contributions but will reside in France for at least 1.5 yrs and will be hosted at a French Research Institute as a visiting scientist.  I will also be moving to Bordeaux with my 12 yr old daughter and plan to have the baby in France if I can get it organised?

During school holidays and when I can fly I may be returning to the UK every 2 months or so for a brief visit.

I am currently being confused by the UK's Dept of Work and Pensions as they keep changing there position of assistance, whether they will issue me an E106 as they don't see me as a legible "commuter" and now they are suggesting maybe I should arrange to suspend NI in the UK and opt into the French system should they allow me to do so.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what would they recommend?  Any useful contacts in France?

[quote user="liam"]

PREGNANCY QUESTION?

]IF YOU APPLY FOR A CARD VITALE IN FRANCE DO YOU HAVE TO BE TAX RESIDENT HERE OR HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ,OR IS IT THE CASE THAT YOU SHOULD RECIEVE THE SAME HEALTH CARE HERE AS IN YOUR OWN E.U STATE? CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ON THIS?AS WE ARE EXPECTING A CHILD SOON AND WE ARE NOT SURE OF OUR HEALTH CARE ENTITLEMENTS IN FRANCE.

[/quote]

My daughter lives in Torcy near Paris and does not have medical cover in France of any kind and she is 9 weeks pregnant.She went to the service social department of her local hospital and they have arrange free cover for her and sorted out her carte vitale.