Travel insurance for a french resident?

Berlioz

My old Uk travel insurance has expired and I need to take out another family policy.  I am now resident in France. I have a carte vital and top-up insurance.

We have various pre-existing medical conditions which makes 'off the shelf' travel insurance very expensive in the UK. (I actually ended up being covered by Norwich Union as part of our house insurance in the UK!) I am about to book a long haul holiday and want to be covered for the expensive flights etc.

Does anyone know/can recommend a policy (Uk based or worded in English) as my french is not up to french insurance small print, it is very easy to find yourself not covered with these policies and I do not want to risk this.

Normally I would spend hours on google but am nursing a broken finger so typing time is limited! :-(

Thanks,

Donna

Thanks Cooperlola

I have got a policy with Tailfinders, excellent price (compared to past quotes in the UK) and the medical loading for the three of us was also reasonable.  All very quick and efficient and a big weight off my mind as we travel a lot.

Donna

Glad it worked out, Donna.  It amused me a bit because I rang Nick the insurance broker, fully expecting him to find me a French policy and he said , no, go to Trailfinders as travel insurance is a rip-off in France.  So there you go! And no commission for him so it said a lot for him too, I thought.