LONG TERM LET REQUIRED

darren

Hi to all,my wife and i and my two young girls are moving over to the charente region in early january.We are hoping to buy a little plot of land onto which i am hoping to build us a little house!We are looking for properties around this region that would accomodate us for at least 6 months.Anyone who knows of any such properties or any pieces of land for that matter,please contact me via email or pm,much obliged!

Sorry Darren,

Not an offer of accomodation but if you want to buy a plot and build a new house, it will all take a lot longer than 6 months. I( know you said at least 6 months) I am not trying to be negative. I have met a few people who have done this here and seen a lot of houses going up. It all takes quite a lot of time

Please look in to how long things will take, just in case. Forewarned is forearmed and other such cliches. Try to contact some companies involved in the building trade here to get more information. For example, maitre d, architect etc just for a rough ball park idea of time. You could also ask the many companies who do the building work but take what they say with a very big pinch of salt and don't forget that they want your business and will promise the earth.

Good luck

Danny

Thanks for the reply Danny,the 6 months is to give me time to find the plot!I'm building the house myself so it could take up to 12 months,im hoping that the 6 months let will enable us to find land by word of mouth rather than paying agency fees and the like,then im hoping to secure something for up to 12 months whilst im building the house.Many thanks for the advice,all the best to you and jane,darren

People in your situation have been known to buy a second hand mobile home and live in it on site while they build their house? May well be worth a look. You would obviously have water and power on site too. Others on the forum woudl probably be better able to advise on that??

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...