E106....now what?

Gemma

Morning all,

I've had my E106 form through, have taken it to the CPAM and have had my attestation through....now what happens?  Do I get a Carte Vitale?  The form runs out in January 2008...what happens then? 

I'm about to start treatment (covered 100% by the state) so am looking to find out what happens when the E106 runs out!

Many thanks.

You should receive your carte vitale within a couple of weeks, but in the meantime you produce your attestation when obtaining any treatment/medication.

When your E106 expires, you will have to re-register with your CPAM and start paying your own contributions.  CPAM will require a letter from the DWP refusing to renew your E106, so you should obtain this in sufficient time.  Your future contributions will be calculated on the basis of 8% of your taxable income after allowances, over a current threshold of 7,083€.  The threshold is reviewed each September, so it's likely to be different when you come to re-register.

Your health cover will continue without break and you'll receive the 100% reimbursement for your forthcoming treatment.

SD what you have so accurately and patiently described (for the 44th time probably, or do you cut and paste it[:D])  applies to people retired and not working in France.

From the OP's  signature website, they appear to be running a 5 bed hotel, so would/should? they be registered as a business and in this case, is the advice given still applicable in their case?

After contacting Sunday Driver for some advice regarding E121 which I eventually received after many phone calls/e-mails, the E121 not his advice. I took all relevant parework to CPAM,full birth certicate etc.etc saw a very helpful lady who gave me a temporary document,took my old carte vitale and said a new one would be issued in a couple of months. Last week,10 days after my CPAM visit,I recieved a document to fill in which requires a passport photo attached. Carte Vitale with photo and signature sealed to follow. A point I'm making is that in Ouest France a couple of weeks back it said that when Gendarmes stop drivers and others, they are asking to see Carte Vitales. Has anyone come across this? It sais it was part of the measures to ensure workers etc were contributing to the system.

Ron

The advice given was based on the original query concerning the expiry of an E-form.  In the absence any special arrangments as defined by the DWP, this particular form is normally issued to persons living, but not working, in France - not necessarily retired. 

If the OP's circumstances now differ from those which she declared to the DWP in order to obtain the E106, then her CPAM will direct her to another caisse, if that is appropriate to her present situation.

Thanks everyone.  I myself am not working here as yet so am not registered as a business in any way.  My partner is!  I've been diagnosed whilst in France so I don't think the E121 applies to me?

Thanks again.

Hello

In that case you will either be registered under your husbands Social Security number or you will need to contribute in your own right.  This has been discussed before and some, like me, have just the one income in the family and so declare their partner as a dependent which works fine for us and was set up by our accountant.  Others register in their own right and pay contributions, others again register as a contributing somehow  to the business of the partner and pay that way.  Which is right for you I have no idea.

Panda

Gemma

If that is the case, i.e. you are not part of the business and not a dependant,  then the advice given by SD is spot on for you.

However, when you get married this position will change as you will be treated differently and you will have to notify newcastle and your CPAM office of your changed status.  It might be worth giving Newcastle a ring about this or talk to your local CPAM office.