Cancer botched diagnoses

just john

I know the statistics are better en France, unfortunately not in the UK, did anybody see this yesterday?
In an interview about Cancer diagnosis story in Observer, Richards, national cancer director at the Department of Health, warned about the consequences of these mistakes

Minor early symptoms and a sense of not being quite right, such as tiredness, weight loss, should be not ignored.

They do seem to be more interested in spotting any problems early here in France.Apart from the colon cancer test,results back in the post in 3 days. I've just had the form for the FREE 4 hour check-up in Rennes.Virtually a complete MOT.Definately no complaints on the health service and my wife has just had the bone-density/blood etc examination. At least they do seem to keep things in hand.

Regards.

Don't put too much confidence in the Accident service though.

Last year I hurt my ankle, and the Hospital missed the fact that is was fractured.

I had to go to the local clinique for a second opinion to get it spotted.

On the other hand there is a reasonable chance of getting some preventative tests  (for bowel or prostate cancer for example) as long as you push for them.