Dentist in/near Aveyron

chessfou

I absolutely hate going to the dentist but I really must do so soon (2.5 yrs now).

Does anyone have a recommendation for an exceptionally good dentist?

Language irrelevant (assuming, not unreasonably, that he/she speaks French).

Location almost irrelevant - anywhere in Aveyron ... even bryond ... Albi or Figeac ... maybe even Montpellier or Toulouse if absolutely necessary.

Otherwise it may be Ryanair back to my dentist in the UK but I'd rather not do that - it would be inconvenient and he would give me such a hard time for not having been to a dentist for so long.

[quote]I used to go to one in Sévérac le Château, but I'm not sure he is quite up to the standard you say you need.[/quote]

It's not exactly a question of standard, more that though I can happily natter away nineteen to the dozen, I have enormous difficulty keeping my mouth open for a dentist without gagging, so they need to be talented in a particular way (as well as doing a good job) - the main thing is probably that they need, as a minimum, saintly patience.

NormanH,

If you think the one in Sévérac might fit the bill, do please give me the name and address.

Nickel,

Thanks for the Figeac suggestion - do you think she still fits the bill (given the extra info above)?

I can really recommend Dr Alengrin at Cordes sur Ciel - 05 63 56 07 25   I am the woman who has in my life(twice!!) vomited on dentists who have not believed I am not OK!  I've been to Dr Alengrin since we moved here over 6 years ago, explained that I was horribly nervous and he is patience itself, very gentle and plenty of pain relief as and when necessary.  Turned me from a real phobic into at least OK about going there!!