flu jabs

rockstitch

We move to France in May (just under 8 weeks). Can anyone tell me can we get  flu jabs given to people over 60yrs in France free as they do in UK and if not, how much do you have to pay? My husband has a heart condition and gets a flu jab free in the autumn, and as I will be a pensioner next month I will be eligable also, but will I be entiteled to have the flu jab in France and how much will it cost. I think it's a worthwile treatment as last Christmas 07 I came down with the flu and was very ill all over Christmas and the New Year, I lost 1stone and it took me a good 2 month's to recover properly from the flu.

Answer from both "ages":  Just to say that husband is over 65 so his was free, "voucher" sent by post, I am over 60 but under 65 so I paid for mine, around 6 euros and 3 euros for the local nurse to administer it!  You do not even need a prescription - I just bought mine in the pharmacy. If you do not have a prescription the nurse will check that you have no health reasons to avoid jab - if she is unhappy I assume you will be told to ask Doctor.

Easy as that.

Mrs H