Physiotherapy

gillian

If someone is having physiotherapy here but has a holiday booked in England, can they carry on the treatment there and be covered by the health insurance card?  I realise it won't be 100%, but it has been suggested by the Kine that it is best to continue the treatment without a break.  I have looked on Ameli but can't find the answer.  Can anyone help?

Gillian

To continue routine treatment in another country, you must get permission in advance because the French have to pay the UK (unlike on an emergency basis where reciprocal agreements apply).  But in theory at least, it's my belief that it's possible.

I suspect that for physio it's a non starter as it is my experience that more is prescribed in France post things like knee replacement ops, than it is in Britain.  I'm not sure that the UK has the network of physios to cope.  But that's just my own personal impression, you understand.

Cooperlola,

Thank you for your reply.  Its as I suspected, but I wondered if anyone else had been in this situation. 

Certainly the Physio dept. here is much different to the hectic hospital one I once had treatment at in England.  So I suppose its just not feasible, but as the Kine asked me I thought I would try to find out.

Many Thanks.

Gillian