price of dentures - without middle man!

milkeybar kid

Could someone comment please- is this a good price. We have found a man that makes false teeth from exact copies of your own rather than as they had done in UK - dentist first then impressions then wait and wait. He fixed a brake on a false tooth perfectly, so seeing all these teeth scattered about we then asked does he do copies - "of course" errr I think that was the reply and took out a charge sheet so for a full top set it would be €460.00 is that a good price?

Whether or not its a good price, and I don't think its that cheap personally why not not have it done through a dentist?

Is this bloke qualified to make the always necessary small adjustments to them?  With a dentist at least you have the comfort of knowing that you can get them fitted properly and can return if you have problems. With a dentist you can also get some money from CPAM towards the costs as long as its not seen as cosmetic.

By the way I replied to your E mail about tax threads, did you get it ?

Ron, sorry I was going to reply a

"thank you" after lunch, yes, I got your e mail, excellent info.Re- dentures . I dont know if the chap is qualified but he has a brass plaque, describing himself a proth****** spelling I dare not attempt it!! How much money from CPAM do you think - what%.

The standard tariff for a prothese dentaire (14 teeth) supplied by a chirurgien-dentiste or médecin stomatologiste is 182,50€ of which your CPAM will cover 127,75€ (70%).

If you have 100% dental cover on your mutuelle, then they will pay 54,75 towards the dentist's bill.  If you have 150% dental cover, then they will pay 146€.

• 2 months later...
It is a well recognised technique to duplicate full dentures but it is not always advisable for many reasons.

Whilst I am sure the tech. might be able to take just as good impressions as the dentist etc, would he know if that ulcer you have had for some time is caused by your denture or something much more sinister? I personally wouldn't bypass the dentist and the prices mentioned in the last few posts seem very cheap anyway. That middle man might just save your life in a worst case scenario.