dental crowns

gully-boy

Hi,

We are new here, and have only just had to see the dentist.  He tells me I need a crown (half tooth broken off) which will cost me 550 euros for a metallique, or 750 for an aesthestique.  I know that I can get some of the money back from the social security and my mutuelle, but does this sound a 'normal' sort of price to you, or should I get another quote from another dentist?  Thanks.

gully-boy

ariege

Ask your dentist to print out a quote (un devis) for you with the options and take or send this to your mutuelle insurance provider.  They will then let you know exactly how much will be reimbursed.  You can if you like ask for a quote from another dentist to compare although most charges are standardised.

Bernice

Hi Gully-boy.

That sounds about right. I had one done last year (white crown) and the total cost was €602. I got €161 back from my caisse, RSI, and my mutuelle, Alptis, agreed to re-imburse €386 of the remainder. That meant it only cost me €55 out of my own pocket.

With my mutualist and CPAM reimbursement, every last crown I have and I have lots cost me over 200€ each.

As our mutualist was through work, we perhaps didn't have the best dental cover, but it will depend on how good your mutualist cover is. And in our case mutualist cover was linked to a percentage of CPAM cover.

CPAM    -                http://goo.gl/An7OS