URSSAF

rico

We sold our house in France in August this year and handed our carte vitales into the CPAM office.

We had been paying the URSSAF our cotisations(8% of income over the threshold). Have just received a bill from them for the 3rd trimestre. Could anyone tell me if we have to pay this as we are no longer in the system?

[quote user="rico"]Have just received a bill from them for the 3rd trimestre. Could anyone tell me if we have to pay this as we are no longer in the system?[/quote]

When we received such a bill from URSSAF, just after we had acquired our shiny new S1s from the UK, so we no longer had an obligation to pay towards our health, I went online on the URSSAF website and sent them a message explaining the situation and asking if I needed to pay the latest bill. I received an acknowledgement straightaway and a definitive reply in a couple of days saying that the bill should not be paid and, indeed, could be destroyed as our file had been cancelled in the light of the change in our circumstances.

I prefer to have a written reply as it proof if there is ever any doubt.

Sue