Over Weight

Lehaut

Oh Teapot, you haven't grasped what I said about kicking the alcohol habit[:(]  I mean NO alcohol, not wine, not beer, not spirits not even cooking sherry.

I have a lovely bottle of bubbly (Christmas present from 2 years ago, is it still drinkable?), several bottles of white wine and beer laid on for the Aussie neighbours last year but of course, they couldn't come between Aussie lockdowns and French lockdowns  Don't think there's any reds left so OH must have given it to the gardener to take home.  There has to be a couple of bottles of Pastis and whisky still unopen somewhere as well as I used to love pastis in summer and whisky in winter.

But, I DIDN'T give up booze for weight loss but for my health. Didn't want any excuse for the cancer to come back or for my lungs, slightly damaged, to worsen.

Haven't touched a drop since 1st July.  Mostly don't even think about drinking until I have a really stressful day like the ones I have had lately but I can resist the temptation and feeling goes away.

I adore magnums and don't find them too sweet.  I was limiting myself to one every other day.  Now, once a box is finished, I leave it a good 2 to 3 weeks before buying anymore.  Meat, about an ounce or two perhaps every week to 10 days.  Don't like cooking it anymore and no restos or friends' houses to go to.  OH doesn't eat meat so it's made preparing meals easier.

I started with a diet given me by the gym teacher (when there were still gym classes).  That, as you have said Teapot, is mostly vegetables and fruit, very little bread and baked goods and naturally sweet things like fruit and, you know how the French love yoghurts, so yoghurts.  I buy plain Greek style and add fruit or maybe a spoonful of homemade jam.  For protein, small amounts of meat (cooked from fresh, not cured like ham or sausages), lots of fish and plenty of eggs.

Went from 56.5 Kg to about 51/52 Kg easily with no effort.  Then that would go up and down a bit but always within that range.  So, last year, taking advantage of said confinements and couvre-feus, I axed the alcohol completely but eat whole grain rice (small quantities), wholemeal spaghetti and wholemeal bread.  Even eat potatoes, sweet potatoes, bananas, pears (really sweet ones) and none of that seem to matter, even chocolate (small quantities and not everyday).  More or less working, as I am now within a small range of 47 and 48 Kg.  With that I am happy, can take a French size 38, especially skirts and trousers so I think je suis arrivée[:D]