How to get FT to install ADSL?

Ooops - forgot about max subject length. As the ADSL bit is important, I've posted again. Sorry.

Anyone any ideas or experience in getting FT to install ADSL in a non-ADSL area?
Am currently in the process of buying a big old place in a small village (Charente, 17), with the intention of turning it into a business. I really could do with a high-speed internet connection.

When I checked with FT if the area was ADSL'd, they said no - and they had no plans. She said that they would look at the case if enough people requested it. She also said to ask the Marie to ask on my behalf. Anyone any experience of this, or are FT spinning me a line?

Any help appreciated.

Ferg.

They told you the truth. FT enable exchanges on a fairly simple basis of size and potential use. The only way to speed up ADSL enabling in very small villages is by creating a petition. If you can get about 50 - 100 names then FT may well let your village jump the queue, if possible.

Hi

this just happened to us.

We had to get 100 signatures (with the neighbouring village) to get on the list for ADSL. We got the signatures but don't know when it will happen.

We are quite remote ............ so there is hope.

I think there is an element of luck. I know of a tiny village (about 40 people) who has ADSL. Maybe the lines pass through it on the way to somewhere bigger ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page : http://tlp.netfirms.com

I live out in the sticks with little or no possibility of getting ADSL and have gone for 'Onspeed'. It costs 24.99 a year and you can check it out at www.onspeed.com.