Happy new year all,

Anyway, this is once again for the geekier amongst us..
I would like a domain name that I can then have forwarded (DNS forwarding) to my server (going to ask my ISP for a static IP), upon which I will install apache and some kind of mail server (on a Red-Hat 9 install) so I can serve my own web-site and have as many e-mail acounts as I like.
So, does anyone know a domain registrar where I can achive such a feit without having to buy their "wonderfull all in one hosting solutions" as well?
And am I being mad in thinking that hosting my own email and web-sites is easier than it sounds, or do I need to buy the "pop forwarding" type thing as well as a domain?

Thanks,
Tim

Given that you can get 60Gb of reliable webhosting for just 15 per year I can't see the point of running a server oneself with all the risks it entails. I suppose that you are hoping to use an ADSL connection for this? For starters domestic ADSL isn't very reliable and the cost for a fixed IP address may be high.

However, if you want to do this then most registrars will suit. Joker and Gandi certainly will. Or try Tera-byte who have an associated redirection service at Redirection.net