I have a apple iMac with OSX system and wish to use it in France (dept 35)can anyone advise me on how to set it up, we already have telephone line installed by France telecom. I use normal PC (windows ) in uk connected to NTL Broadband. ( please don't ask why I have 2 computers it is a long story )
dt

Go to System Preferences (click on the Apple at the top left of the screen on the menu bar) and choose Network. You then have a series of boxes to complete.
Put in a description of your location (important if you are likely to use the computer to connect in more than one place), then choose Internal Modem from the drop-down menu next to . Under TCP/IP configure using PPP (but check this with your ISP - there are variables). Under PPP put in your account name (mine is with free.fr, so it is the part before @ in my email address), your password (given by your ISP) and the phone number for dialup. The Proxies tab probably won't have anything to enter, but check the Modem section with your ISP.
Then click on and close that window. Open Internet Connect and configure , then enter the telephone number (if not already there) and your password again. Also best to check the box if you haven't already. Now click on the big, blue pulsing 'connect' button.

In general, I would go through all of this with your ISP helpline - mine is configured now, and I can't remember all the choices, but I think that's about it. I don't think there are any major differences between different versions of OSX.

Good luck!

Dick

Quick Route..Phone an ISP in France to get an account. Better than doing it online and you do not have your software messed with. You will find there numbers in the back of a French internet mag. Once you have a user name and P/W and dial up number turn on your Mac, at the top ( finder bar) is a phone symbol, click open internet connect, a box opens then you just put in the dail-up number user name p/w (make modem cable in phone socket) then just it connect should take 2 min's not counting phoning an isp. KEEP YOUR DAIL UP DETAIL SOMEWHERE SAFE in case you want to use them on another computer.
Richard (Aude) 10.3.2

1802 (2004 ME THINK'S ALSO)
Milton! thou shouldst be living at this hour;
England hath need of thee: she is a fen
Of stagnant waters: altar, sword, and pen,

Wordworth