mobile phone - spain, france, england

can anybody out there help me out? i know almost nothing about mobile phones. was forced to buy one by mr polremy in case of emergencies. havent had any yet! (emergencies that is). can just about manage to load a new mobicarte into it - its pay as you go (orange). we are going to spain on holiday. will relatives back in england be able to phone us while we are there? if so, what code should they use? the code for spain? or france? will there be a charge on our mobile for receiving these calls? - we weren't told anything about receiving calls when we bought this phone (in france) but they did say that we could only make international calls if we were either phoning from or to france. friends have since said that this is rubbish and we should be able to call wherever we want from any country!
would be grateful for words of wisdom from someone. really cant face going down to the the francetelecom shop and going through all the tortuous franglais conversations we seem to have there - wouldnt be so bad if i knew what i was talking about in english!!!
thanks.

You can use your Orange France phone in Spain and they can also text you and you can text them which is much cheaper and if people wish to call they still need to dial 003368>>>> and yes you will pay for part of the call charge.

Richard (Aude)

Of more than Fancy, of Social Sense
Distending wide, and man beloved as man
Where France in all her towns lay vibrating
Like some becalmed bark beneath the burst
Of Heaven's immediate thunder, when no cloud
Is visible, or shadow on the main.
For thou wert there, thine own brows garlanded,
Amid a mighty nation jubilant,
When from thegeneral heart of human kind
Hope sprang forth like a full-born Deity!
Sam T C