Tiscali Daytime - lousy connection

We're on Tiscali 05/17. Normally it is not too bad to get connected - sometimes engaged, sometimes unable to connect, somtimes drops the conection and sometimes connected very slowly but on the whole it works reasonably well at about 44000bps.

Last weekend it was terrible, all of the above most of the time. I put it down to weekend plus half term traffic. Nothing on their web site indicated particular problems. It has been OK for a few days but today I'm having problems again. Managed to connect after many tries to collect e-mail then lost the connection. Then connected to this site at a speed of about 12000bps, then connected later at about 24000bps and I've just noticed that I've lost the connection again.

So is it me or is it them? Anyone else got problems?

Liz (29)

Tiscali can be slow sometimes, but then so can other ISPs. The last few days have not been particularly good for internet speed, I agree. I would also suspect a telephone line problem, which can drastically slow down connection speed.

Will (50)

Thanks chaps. Your were right. I noticed the phone line was very crackly and called out the engineer. Temporary fix to the line on the main road and a permanent fix promised in a day or two. Much better now although still engaged twice this morning!

Liz (29)