LAST EDITED ON 29-Mar-04 AT 00:09 AM (GMT)

Hello. My mother in law who is based in the Channel Islands is moving to France in the summer. She presently subscribes to AOL but perhaps someone can give me some advice on which ISP to use in France and will she be able to view the pages in English. ISP contact details would be useful. Many Thanks

How much time do you think she is likely to be online in any given month? If she is simply logging on now and then to pick up her emails then a pay-as-you-go whould be better than a monthly abonnement. If she is a proper silver surfer, then an abonnement would probably work out cheaper. If the former, then they are much-of-a-muchness: I used 'Free' (www.free.fr). you can subscribe online,(from where she is in Jersey once you know the french address and phone number) and they send you a letter with access number, login, and password by return of post. Or you can pick up a magazine in your local Maison de la Presse, you're almost bound to find an isp on one of the free disks.

paul

http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-techcorner/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=435 will be of interest.

I recommend never using a CD installation disk except for AOL.

Tiscali do a 10E package that allows unlimited daytime use and this is very suitable for most people who are at home during the day. It is absurdly cheap.

All webpages will be in the original language regardless of where you live or which ISP you use.