I bought my Sky Card to enable us to receive ITV in January.
Due to unseen circumstances we have only just inserted it into our digi box (in France) and it does not work. I am using channel 103 and all I get is a message in a red box '103 channel not available'
Any clues
With thanks
Keith

LAST EDITED ON 20-May-04 AT 07:29 AM (BST)

Can you get channels 104 and 105 (which are also encrypted)? If 104 and 105 work it's unlikely there is a problem with the card.

How far south are you in France? Do you receive the BBC channels OK? You may need a bigger dish or to check the alignment.

Will (50)

Edit - a couple of other things to try...

Can you get anything on channel 963 or 964? I don't know what region your card is set up for, but these channels often give other regions.

You could use the 'other channels' to manually set up a different ITV region. This info was lifted from another web site, so I can't guarantee anything.

Press Services, then press 4 twice to get to Add Channels. Using the remote control's down and left/right arrow keys as appropriate, change the settings as follows (type in the first 5 digits, ignoring the decimal point, and use the left/right arrows for the other elements):

10.891 H 22 5/6
10.832 H 22 5/6
10.906 V 22 5/6
and for each setting, highlight Find Channels and press Select. Store each listed channel in turn by pressing the yellow button. A tick will appear against each selected channel. Finally press backup 3 times to return to the normal screen. From now on, to choose a region press Services then 6 (Other Channels). Highlight the region you want and press Select. This procedure has no effect on any other digibox settings and is therefore quite safe to experiment with.

>I bought my Sky Card to
>enable us to receive ITV
>in January.
>Due to unseen circumstances we have
>only just inserted it into
>our digi box

It probably needs activating. Just ring the FTV number.

If you have already activated it and forgot to tell us so then just leave it in the working box for 48 hours.