Sick of being attacked

I am still having problems with attacks from currently it is

BackDoor.SCBot.IX
same with Gen at the end instead
C:\WINNT\msgfix.exe
Win32.P2P.SpyBot

I supposedly have good protection, but my system is running slowly again and keeps blocking.

I can't help but wonder why Bill Gates doesn't send hit men after these internet terrorists! If I had all his money, I would.

Hi TU,
Who (or what program) says you are being attacked ?
You mention Spybot but this is a (very good) spyware tracking/removing programme which is a good thing.
Have you got this installed on your PC ?
Phoenix and I are on the web almost constantly and we don't suffer the problems that other posters seem to be plagued with (spam, junk mail, dodgy mail, viruses etc.).
If you set yourself up properly you shouldn't have problems.
We run PC's with either Windows XP or 2000 on a network and don't (won't) have broadband.(Not until it's as cheap as dial-up - we don't download large music or video files so speed isn't an issue).
All Pc's are behind firewalls (XP or Zonealarm) and all have AVG anti virus programmes (both the free and pro versions).
Wouldn't touch Norton or McAfee - too intrusive.
We also have Spybot on all PC's.
If you regularly do your PC housework (clearing cache,regularly updating software, de-fragging etc) your machine should be sweet.
We don't get viruses or hacker infiltration (we do get probed from time to time of course but the firewalls sort that).
3 Golden rules for me:
1.Don't clog your HDD with useless crap and if you must have useless crap put it on it's own partition.
2.Get as much RAM as you can.Don't get obsessed with processor speed - get memory !! (I'm doing this on Phoenix' 900Mhz AMD Duron and it's about twice as fast as a 2600Mhz Intel I worked on yesterday - It's got lots of RAM !!!).
3.Do your PC housework !!!! Stay clean !!
Happy surfing....
Alfa.

You mention software tools, but you don't mention human management,or lack of it, which is primarily what virus spread is based upon. By that I mean your policy to e-mail/attachments, using preview options in rubbish programmes like Outlook, use of passwords, use of programmes such as P2P, etc, etc. It's no conincodence that virus attached e-mails have gone on to use subject lines which appeal to curious clickers. If you're sure you've taken steps to clean your machine (and that can included emptying the Recycle Bin after running a security utility) and are running the utilities as part of a schedule, then it suggests the re-infection is occuring because of something you, or another user, is doing. perhaps you might consider;

Switching e-mail client to something like Pegasus Mail or, indeed, anything except Outlook

Setting you e-mail client to auto delete any mail carrying an attachment ending in .vbs .exe, etc

Implementing a policy that unsolicited e-mail is deleted without further ado

Using a programme such as MailWasher which allows you to view and manage mail on the server, pre-download, before it ever gets to your machine

There are many more. Point being that to rely on utilities alone is a dangerous strategy.