AVG users - help please.....

My system (Windows ME ( I'm happy with it) on ADSL) seemed to be running more slowly than normal, so this morning I have been 'scanning' Spybot and Adaware went fine but AVG detected Startpage which it dealt with and Trojan Horse Downloader. VB.3.AX when I attempt to move these to the 'virus vault' as directed I get a 'Cannot remove ' message - this leaves me with 49 infected files!
I have tried clicking 'Remove all infected files' and get the same 'cannot be moved' message - so how do I get rid of it ???

Gay
http://www.quimperclub.org/

www.dordogne-on-line.info

I have that trojan horse too and cannot get rid of it so if you find out I would be happy to pinch the info. System seems to run ok, I update AVG everyday and have surfed various computer forums to no avail. HELP!

Hi Gay,
Sometimes it takes a while for the anti virus guys and gals to deal with the blight - the virus always comes before the remedy !
No doubt AVG (which is probably the best AV software)will deal with it so keep updating.
What's more worrying is where you picked up the infection.
A browse through the registry should locate any 'redial' changes and possibly lead you in the right direction.
Phoenix and I are on the net constantly, visiting a wide variety of sites and we don't get these attacks.
BUT....do yourself and your computer a favour and ditch ME - it really is truly awful Gay and an update to XP (or Linux if you're savvy enough) will change your PC lifestyle !
Best of luck,
Alfa.