Freeview card not working!

I have had the card for eight months, but last week for some reason the card no longer worked, I still have BBC1/2 various other channels and radio but no ITV. I have tried advice from previous posts re switching off the box cleaning the card etc to no avail. The system set up advises no card, and the screen shows initialising new card , which it is not! I did wonder as with previous posts whether the interactive service I have been using for the olympics has cut me off! The telephone number on the back of the card (blue with yellow house) is out of date . My daughter in England tried a couple of telephone numbers from sky where she was told the facility was being stopped. Does anybody have any ideas please? The olympics are good but I really would like ITV back

Sally 

Yes Jon, I did turn the box completly off from the power supply and left it for a few minutes before turning it back on again, in reply to Pauls question ch103 is not on the programme guide and if I put in 103 from the remote it reads channel not available. My BBC1 has reverted back to London area not the south west which was card setting. Thank you for your time and thoughts I was beginning to think that no one had any ideas! If all else fails I was thinking of sending the card back for a replacement but I havn't got a clue where to send it!

Sally