French Analogue Box, Sky Dish

i havn't tried with a sky dish but the sky dish is very efficient so why not try it .incidently the satellite you require for the french channels is atlantic bird at 5 deg east ,your sat receiver will most likely be pre tuned for the national channels as the first 6 channels,so just position the dish whilst tuned to channel 1 .

[quote]i havn't tried with a sky dish but the sky dish is very efficient so why not try it .incidently the satellite you require for the french channels is atlantic bird at 5 deg east ,your sat receiver will...[/quote]

Sorry to contradict but Atlantic Bird is to be found at 5 degrees west not east. The Sky minidish is too small but it will work. The problems will arise during heavy rain.

As long as your analogue receiver is configured to work with a Universal LNB, you should have no problem in finding the satellite as Stu8 suggests.

Some analogue receivers are configured to work with a Telecom LNB but you should be able to change this in the installation menu.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

The system is a europsat 80cm analogue unit, so how do I check if it will work with my skydish.

I have a sky dish already set up to Astra but understand that Astra does not transmit analogue signals.

I just feel that if we can get this to work it would more pleasiong to the eye that the normal  80cm dish.

Thanks

Tim

[quote]Thanks for the info. The system is a europsat 80cm analogue unit, so how do I check if it will work with my skydish. I have a sky dish already set up to Astra but understand that Astra does not tr...[/quote]

The system is a europsat 80cm analogue unit, so how do I check if it will work with my skydish

By pointing your Sky dish at Atlantic Bird at 5 degrees west and then connecting it to your analogue receiver. Remember two things:

1. You will lose the signal to your digibox the minute you re-orientate the sky dish.

2. I think that the sky dish will be too small and you will have problems on cloudy and rainy days.

I just feel that if we can get this to work it would more pleasiong to the eye that the normal  80cm dish.

Yes, but if it does work, you will still need 2 dishes if you intend to watch French analogue and Sky digital.

From memory and I stand ready to be corrected. The quoted norm for for analaogue reception in France is 80 cm. The dishes normally on sale in France a parabolas which are higher than they are wide. SKY dishes are wider than they are high and are tailored to the SKY signal. It may work and given it costs nothing as you already use the dish is worth a try. Best of luck and please let us know how you get on.

Anton Redman ( still trying to revert to my own ID post software change)