Mobile Phone Jammer

Hi

Just read an article about mobile phone jammers and the french cinema, it seems that they have relaxed the laws on banning them. A few weeks ago the Sunday Times did a feature on someone in Scotland who was getting around the law by selling them with the warning that they cannot be used in the UK. My reason is that I WANT ONE!  This is for the pictures as many times the pleasure has been spoiled  by these people who do not have the sense to turn them off when they enter and therefore when many moments have been lost I seen to fume, worse still is where I live in the UK is that people seem to stand outside and shout into there mobiles, and this is over the other side of the road. Anyone got one?

Marym

Hi

Yes I've seen that site, along with a good few others. The new ideas are a sandwich of nickel-zinc ferrite between plywood which stops the signals. so unless I can see a jammer for under the rip off price of £170+ i'll be making one of them to go and see a film. Any sites out there in French?

marym

Hi

Found a lot of articles on this subject, so far I have come up with a product call 'Mute Tone' has anyone seen this on sale? Lots of people have been buying these as it seems that more people are getting fed up with inconsiderate people who disregard others.

Marym

I realise that you are cross about this, but have you thought your unilateral action through? Imagine if a doctor goes into somewhere where you and your electronic intolerance are already present. There are no signs saying to turn off his phone, so he sits waiting patiently for the call to say that he is needed in the emergency ward, but it never comes. He goes in to work the next day and is asked why he didn't answer his phone because the mother of three died without his expertise... Or the loving son who never got the call to come to his dying father's bedside? Or the rare-group blood donor?

If I found you were jamming my phone (set to silent ring) I might just give you a slap. Perhaps that is why no-one is really responding to this thread?

I'm sure you're right Dick. A friend of mine took the long-awaited call to say that they had a donated kidney available for her while she watching a live theatre performance. No doubt the other theatregoers were annoyed but for her it was a lifesaver.

Hoddy

DIck is right, but I have to add that; Throughout Europe mobile 'phone jammers are illegal. Period. It has nothing to do with mobile 'phones, but unlilcensed (and unlicensable) transmitters. They are easy to detect and the authorites here and in the UK are well equipped to detect them. Believe me, I know!

Installing a jammer will get you time in pokey if there is any justice in this world.

Love them or hate them, mobile 'phones are here to stay. I won't have smokers (smoking) in my house, you can apply the same rules, or visit a cinema that applies these rules, surely?

It's their, not there, BTW.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems to me that a lot of these issues would be eliminated by a bit of general consideration for others.

Mobile phone manufacturers seem to have provided quite a few facilities to make using your phone in silent mode very easy (e.g. vibrate on ring, profiles, even a voice activated profile switch, etc., voicemail, etc.).

I bet the person whose telephone rings in the middle of a quiet bit during a concert does remember to switch their phone (ring) off when meeting a (potential) important business customer.

With so many of these things around now I guess it can take only a small percentage of inconsiderate (or forgetful) people to create quite a nuisance.

I’m sure I heard/read that hospitals have mobile phone detectors around. Maybe theatres/cinemas, etc. should have things so people can be reminded to switch-off (or silence) their mobile phone when they go in.